We’re so excited to announce our latest collaboration, with the one and only Sara McDaniel of Simply Southern Cottage! As a former school teacher turned interior designer, real estate investor, and content creator, Sara has an amazing story. In 2016, she purchased and renovated a broken-down cottage in Minden, Louisiana and since starting her social accounts and blog, @simplysoutherncottage, her influence has exploded and continues to grow daily. We can’t wait to see what she does with our rugs!
Sara was recently featured on HGTV Hometown Kickstart. And her work and home have been noted in top-shelf publications, television programming, and prominent websites such as Better Homes and Gardens, The Today Show, Southern Lady, Forbes, The Spruce, Cottages and Bungalows, American Farmhouse Style, HGTV online, plus many, many others. We are excited to partner with Sara to launch her very first Simply Southern Cottage rug collection. We area thrilled to bring her warm, cozy cottage style to homes all across America.
Sara’s inspiration for the collection was inspired by the simplicity and beauty of southern life. She meticulously designed each rug to represent timeless charm, wit, and lifestyle. Simply Southern Cottage’s entire collection is filled with cozy, whimsical rugs, that are all made in the USA.
The Simply Southern Cottage Rug Collection will feature 13 different designs in multiple colorways, all of which were inspired by Sara’s own personal southern charm. The collection will be available in five different sizes (2×8,5×7,6×9,8×10,9×12) and will be made of 100% polypropylene for durability, easy maintenance, and at a great price point.
Design Highlights Include:
- Academy: A nod to Sara’s southern roots, this design is a truly beautiful traditional with a modern colorway.
- Belhaven: Adds a bit of Simply Southern-inspired style with a mosaic medallion pattern in soft colors.
- Bistineau: This design is a showstopper in both design and color, including an updated take on a French chintz style in navy, creating a perfect warm inviting atmosphere.
- Franklin Floral: Timeless beauty with a touch of flair offered in 6 different amazing colorways.
- Jefferson Floral: This design was inspired by Sara’s love of floral blossoms in springtime. Offered in 4 unique colorways.
- Laurel: Vintage style Persian design combined with neutral grey and small pops of color for a touch of charm.
- Taylor: Soft beautiful mosaic medallion pattern with a grey backdrop combined with lovely pops of color.
- Webster: The intricate overlapped mosaic medallion design is reminiscent of classic oriental design, while the subtle multi-color palette gives it a fresh, modern twist.
- Covington: Durable indoor/outdoor design with a simple geometric pattern offered in 6 colorways.
- Dorcheat: Durable indoor/outdoor design in a classic striped pattern is perfect for adding a touch of timeless charm to any room, while the dots add a playful touch. Offered in 4 colorways.
- Lecompte: The durable indoor/outdoor design showcases a unique checkered pattern combined with neutral off-white and is offered in 5 different colorways.
- Minden: This indoor/outdoor design features a beautifully updated plaid pattern offered in 5 beautiful colorways.
- Springhill: Durable indoor/outdoor design with a sophisticated geometric pattern offered in 6 colorways.
Follow Sara on her social media accounts (@simplysoutherncottage) for more information about the collection as it becomes available. Simply Southern Cottage launch date will be September 30th.