Once a week will do. (More often in heavy traffic areas.) This is an effective way to remove dirt before it becomes embedded in the pile of the carpet. For best results, empty your vacuum bag when half full.
Spot & stain removal
- Always follow the manufacturer’s directions when using commercial products.
- Blot up liquids with paper towel or absorbent cloth. Scoop up solids with the end of a knife or spoon.
- Use a light, colorfast cotton cloth for the treatment of spots.
- Treat the spot with a removal agent that is explicitly recommended for cleaning carpets and rugs and leaves no sticky residue.
- Always work from the outer edge towards the center to prevent spreading. It is a good idea to replace the cotton cloth as soon as it’s soiled.
- Carefully rinse the area with clean water and a sponge after having cleaned it. Do not soak the carpet pile. Afterwards, blot as dry as possible with a clean towel, or with a hairdryer
Read our detailed stain index.