Spring 2019 brings the outdoors in with deep emerald hues and pops of coral and pink. The result? A refreshing indoor space that feels calm and cool.
After all, people want to feel more connected to nature. That’s the idea behind Biophilic Design. With an emphasis on removing barriers to the natural elements that enhance and contribute to human health, this movement has a reach that far exceeds trend and embraces overall wellbeing.
To create the trendy, Going Green look for yourself:
- Start with a soft, touchable rug – like the Riverstone Digital Stream Multi, Riverstone Dreamstate Multi or the Riverstone Distant Meadow Bay Beige. With gentle hues and a supple hand, these gorgeous area rugs lay the groundwork for natural design and warmly welcome bare feet.
- Layer on deep greens. Whether you use a stylish temporary wallpaper, cozy throw or commit to an emerald green sofa, the soothing hue enhances relaxation.
- Add pops of pink or coral in the form of flowers, art or sculpture to add vibrant energy.
- Incorporate natural elements, like plants, natural light or a water feature. If these aren’t available, use photography or incorporate art that imitates the elements.
- Accessorize with natural elements, like wooden candleholders or bowls with fresh fruit and glass vases with large leaves or eucalyptus stems.
With just a few easy steps, it’s easy to build a welcoming space where friends and family feel connected and at peace. How do you create natural connections in your interior? Leave us a note in the Comments section below.